Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weed walk

Today we saw the much-welcomed sight of the sun after a night of torrential rain.  I had visions of walking out of the RV and seeing a lake surrounding us, but luckily, we fared well.  There were some sites that had huge puddles, and that taught us to be wary of the terrain of (seemingly level) spaces.

We had a visit from my "Man of Honor."  He so thoughtfully offered to pick up sandwiches for us all and we had a very nice lunch with our camping neighbors.  They had camped together for many years when their children were growing up and I think we just might have put a "bug" in ACR's head about getting a small camper for himself.  Wouldn't that be a hoot!  We chatted about their camping days with all their kids, swapped photos, reminisced and enjoyed the food, conversation and company.  Of course, "G" had to prove true, his reputation for his wry sense of humor, by waiting until all the children's photos had been shown and shared, before pulling one up of Lucy on his phone to show the group and announced that this was "our kid."  That humor is just one of the things about him that I love so much.

We sure are learning a lot of helpful hints and making notes for future experiences.  We actually booked another week here and we also booked a week in June for a rally that our neighbor here is planning.  We are already thinking ahead to when and where we can go next. It is so exciting.

This afternoon, I took, what I have named, "My Weed Walk."  I walked a mile stretch around part of the landfill and was so impressed by the beauty of the dirt, puddles, mud, gravel and yes, even the weeds. After all the rain we had, even those were a pleasure to view.

What follows, are photos of the pesky plants we don't want in our own yards, yet I found that they caught my attention so much so, that I needed to photograph them.  They spotted the grey, gravel pathway with splashes of color and texture.






















A lovely day to be retired, in love and camped in a gorgeous park.


Deep thought of the day:  Reputation should not cloud your opinion of beauty.





1 comment:

  1. I've succumbed to using Internet Explorer; it's the only way I can see videos and photos, not to mention comment. I couldn't paste the photo that tells of Nature being the best therapy but it's apropos of what I've been thinking after reading your blog....at least the last two or three wherein you've described your walks and discovering things in nature that otherwise would have gotten unnoticed. This is exactly how I feel and (I think) live each day while observing life around me. As a teacher in general and a biology teacher in particular, I've always looked at nature and appreciated its wonders.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.