Sunday, May 4, 2014

First Excuse to Visit

Today was a beautiful day. I actually started it out with a walk in order to get in some exercise, because being sick for this long has gotten me so awfully lazy. Today we planned to head up to Chester to open the fridge doors in Gracie and "G" also needed to look at the tow dolly. We enjoyed a lovely drive across the Bear Mountain Bridge and up the Palisades Parkway.  The weather is still a bit cold for this time of year and we are impatiently awaiting the warmer temps, but the sun was shinning and a welcomed addition to our day.

Once up at the storage facility, our code worked on the very first try, indicating a chance for smooth sailing. We were quite happy to see her safe, sound and looking quite content in Space 14.  

While "G" futzed with the tow dolly, I was sure to get those refrigerator doors opened and then took a walk around the storage property.  What a great business.  Everyone has too much "stuff," and no where to put it, so why not pay for a big closet or small garage in which to store it all?  There is not much to provide - just property, cement floors and metal walls and doors. There were hundreds of doors that I imagined held mysterious goods, priceless heirlooms, precious collections, and rare antiques.  However, after passing one opened storage unit, I realized that most just probably house a bunch of junk that people don't really need or want.

"G" tried to fix the tow dolly, but to no avail.  He believes a bolt is too tight, but the wrenches we brought up were just a bit too small to loosen it up, so guess what?????  We will need to take another ride up one day this week with the proper tools to get the job done before we can head down to Croton Point Park.  I guess I can start the countdown to that trip now.  We are booked for May 12th, which will be a week from tomorrow!  This is the trip that I need to get prepared for, and soon.  I need to have my meals planned and the pantry stocked.  It is my goal to be self-sufficient for at least 4 straight days.  I was told by a veteran RV'er, that the best way to live small, was to only plan and stock for 3-4 days at a time.  Our first trip will adhere to that very first RV tip that I got way back at the Hershey Show in September 2013.


Before leaving the storage facility, I decided to take a couple more photos that I felt were significant to Gracie, like the Bay Star and 3124 decals. I continue to look at it in awe of the fact that we actually own this baby.  Our little "memory maker."  

Our fun day continued with shopping stops at Walmart, Best Buy, Home Goods and then Panera, for a late lunch.  A great day to be alive.
Deep thought for the day:  For every drop of rain that falls, inevitably, a ray of sun will appear to dry it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.