Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Good morning!

"Good morning, good morning!  It's time to celebrate. Good morning, good morning to you!  Poop-poop-pee-doop."  That's the morning song I sang to my boys when they were growing up.  Needless to say, they hated that song then and haven't found an affection for it yet.

That was the tune I sang to Lucy this morning as I maneuvered around the kitchen area fixing her breakfast.   Last night, after all the other RV'ers went inside, we settled down with the lights low and the television playing softly and she slowly ventured out to explore.

Her favorite spots right now appear to be the dashboard, the back of the couch, a cubby spot under the bedroom end table and curled up under the bedspread.  Apparently, she thinks no one can see her if she can't see them.  If it works for her, then it works for me.  At least a quick glance assures us that she is safe and sound.

"G" and I had a bit of difficulty falling asleep last night.  It took us time to become accustomed to the different "night noises."  From my vantage point, I had a beautiful view of an almost full-moon.  I watched it glow and dim through the branches as clouds filtered across the sky.  Sounds from Croton-Harmon Train Station, of trains passing through, could be heard in the distance and their whistles finally lulled me to sleep.

Lucy kept watch at the foot of the bed, seemingly content with the conclusion of her long, scary day.  She had to be -  with her mommy and daddy near and a soft bed to rest her weary bones - every cat should have it this good.

Today has been spent trying to get the satellite reception working, organizing, making lists and running errands.  "G" is currently at 223 mowing the ever-growing lawn.  I'm heading out to pick him up shortly.

Tonight, the woman in the very next space and I will be planning a dinner menu for tomorrow night. They happen to be mutual friends/acquaintances of ours and really nice people.  My Man of Honor, will be joining us. Coincidentally, he camped with them many moons ago. I'm looking forward to an evening full of stories and legends...

Deep thought of the day:  It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.  It's a small, small world.



1 comment:

  1. PS: Happy Birthday to Mama, the woman who raised me from 10 years old until 16, yet made a life-long impact on my life.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.