Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Three little fishes...


Last night turned out to be much easier with regard to nighttime routines.  All of our personal items are in easy-to-reach locations, thus making the transitions from showering, brushing teeth, shaving, etc. a smoother experience. The first night, I felt like a fish out of water, but now we seem to be swimming around quite nicely in the pool.  It reminded me of the nursery rhyme, "Three Little Fishies."   Click here to hear the song!

Lucy, who we may need to rename, "Vampira," appears after sundown and hangs around, lays on the bed with us, eats, drinks her water, and utilizes her litter box until sunrise. Once the day begins for us, she wanders about until she finds her way under the blanket and remains there for the remainder of the day. I miss having her sit on my lap, brushing her fur and our deep conversations.  It's almost like a stake in my heart. Other than having her avoid mirrors and garlic, I don't know what else to do to help her be happy, except, perhaps, just give her time.

Our first "event" occurred yesterday afternoon when our toilet backed up.  We thought something might have not been quite right for awhile, but being unfamiliar with this type of fixture, we weren't sure what it could be.  "G" easily handled the problem and had it working correctly in no time at all.

We received a catalog from a store called Camping World, and I felt like a kid with the Sears Christmas Wish Book.  I have a list as long as my arm and can't wait to place an order or take a ride to the closest store.  I want the stuff now, but just don't want to leave the park.  It is so beautiful and peaceful here.  I will try to upload photos tomorrow.  I'm still experiencing difficulty with the upload process from my iPad into this blog.   If anyone knows how to do it, please feel free to leave me a comment.

Deep thought for the day:  While routines can become boring, some are quite necessary to make you feel safe, secure and normal.


PS:  Happy birthday wishes to my brother, Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.