Thursday, May 22, 2014

Croton Rain Forest (?)

Today was another rainy day that only afforded a few moments of sunshine, but when it did shine, it was noticed and appreciated.  I spent most of the day back at the house doing laundry.  The whole time there, I kept thinking about Gracie sitting at the park.

Yesterday, "G" ordered a little screen room and it was delivered today!  It's remarkable how I could mail a priority letter to Albany and it took 4 days (it went to Alaska first), yet a box containing a screen room arrives in less than 24 hours.  Click HERE to see it!  It's a really cool addition to RV life, because eating outside, in any weather, is almost impossible due to bees, bugs and flies. I don't think "G" or I would be well-suited to tent camping.  We are too spoiled by all the creature comforts of home.

At times, I feel as if I'm in a deep rain forest, surrounded by birds of every species.  Just walking back and forth to where the trash is dumped provides a cacophony of tweets and chirps.  The biggest pay off of the rain (besides providing sustenance) is that the birds seem to sing so much louder once it stops. I fear we will never stay in a place as peaceful and serene as this one.

Walking back from throwing out the trash.



Approaching our rig



1 comment:

  1. Now that's what it's all about! Did you really describe what birds to in a forest? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.