Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tic, tic, tic

Today, Palm Sunday, 2014 is an overcast day.  I again sat down with my RV packing "lists" and keep finding items to add.  Just like my "Honey Do List" for "G," it will have no end. 

"G" completed working his last weekend today and his long-anticipated retirement day is fast approaching.  Only two more work days left for him. 
Although, he is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve, he doesn't always exhibit a lot of excitement when it comes to himself.  I'm sure there is a little boy inside of him jumping up and down at the thought of completing a career that spanned over 30 years.  It's a major accomplishment.  One that proves the type of person he is: dedicated, honest, committed and valuable.  The Village will be losing one of their best employees, but it will happen without the blink of an eye... until something goes wrong. 
In nine days, we will be picking up Saving Grace. I will finally have space in the family room again!  The plans of where to go and when, are swirling around in our heads and take up the main topic of dinner-time conversations.  It is becoming my favorite time of day.
Pick-up day is getting so close now that I can almost believe it is really going to happen, just like "G's" retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.