Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Bump in The Road

Well, I composed my first blog entry a couple of night's ago, and felt very proud to get that accomplished - the  documentation of our countdown to picking up our motor home and future road trips.

I said I would include the "good, the bad and the ugly," so here is an update.  Thursday, that big balloon I have been hanging onto got a puncture, and I floated back down to reality.  A cardiac stress test showed I have a possible blockage in one of my arteries.  It was a sharp slap in the face, reminding me that I can try to run away from the complications of my diabetes, but I can't hide.  So now, instead of counting down the days to pick up Gracie, I am counting down to the day I have an angiogram.  Although concerned and a bit scared, I am anticipating feeling better than I have been lately and hoping for a renewed determination to get healthier.

So, Gracie, a bump in the road for me, but it shouldn't change the fact that after I get myself fixed up in two days, we will be there to get you 15 days later.

My deep thought for the moment:  There are no roads worth traveling that don't have a bump or two.  It just makes you stop to appreciate the smooth ride that we oftentimes take for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.