Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Preparing to pick up in 20 Days


In order to keep a record of our new experience of being first-time RV owners, including the good, the bad and the ugly, I decided to create this blog.  I didn't want to ever forget any of the excitement, ups, downs or the memories we are destined to create.

Right from the start, I felt that the RV should have a name, and since the thought of owning her came to be at a turning point in our lives, I named her "Saving Grace." I truly pray she turns out to live up to her name and not be "Hell on Wheels."

Both G and I decided that Facebook would not be the best way to keep our friends and family "posted" since too many people would know when we were not at home.  Besides, we prefer to only share our most personal and embarrassing information to those nearest and dearest to our hearts.

On April 22nd we take possession of our Newmar, Baystar 3124.  I have been collecting, purchasing, gathering and squirreling away items to furnish our soon-to-be second home. I have storage bins, cardboard boxes and baskets chock-full of various household items.  I anticipate a future post with a list of  "The top ten things I forgot to consider packing."  There is no way to pack every item you could possibly want because of the weight maximum, so only the essentials will be on board, including Miss Lucy Lu. 

Just like I counted down to our wedding day last year, the countdown to getting Gracie begins!  20 days to go.  If you want to follow along with future updates, you can "follow by email" through the atom at the top right.  Feel free to post public comments, or suggestions!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.