Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cha, cha, cha, changes!

One of my favorite David Bowie songs is, Changes. I have been humming that tune in my head quite a bit lately. We are here, going there, staying there, leaving there, and now, back here. Changes.

There have been many of those changes lately, and I decided to change my mind about fate wanting us to be in New Jersey, as I stated in my last post. Now, I am beginning to wonder if Mr. Murphy, you know, the guy who wrote, Murphy’s Law,” is having some fun at our expense. The following three minor annoyances have plagued us throughout the day, AFTER leaving Scott RV.

  • A nut fell off from under the recliner and the base is now loose – “G” will fix tomorrow
  • The front a/c unit, that also provides heat, is making a rumbling sound – “G” will check it out tomorrow
  • The motor for the windshield night shade is not working – “G” will inspect a way to override the motor tomorrow

"G" will be busy tomorrow. Coincidentally, after us mentioning how lucky we felt that we haven’t had to disconnect the car and Ms. Parton from Allie, and don’t you know, it began to rain ½ way through setting up in space 71. “G” finished up today, and, it began to snow, but he managed to get us winterized again and we are spending the week here in one of the many spaces that is mostly dirt. The rain from last night created a muddy pond around our passenger side, that is full of decaying leaves. Keeping the mess and muck out is challenging.


Okay, that’s it for my whining and complaining.

On a positive note, I'm happy to report that Lucy had a terrific ride back to Croton Point Park.  It was close to a three-hour ride and she spent most of it either in her carry bag or under the covers of our bed. There wasn't the same amount of crying or complaining.  Hooray for that cha, cha, cha, change!



Deep thought for the day:  Change happens. Anticipate change. Monitor Change. Adapt to Change Quickly. Change. Enjoy Change! Be ready to quickly change again and again. ~ from one of my favorite books "Who Moved my Cheese?"


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, you seem to be taking CHANGE in stride. How nice, (but....for how long???). I'm looking forward to hearing all about it tonight over sushi and whine....opps, I mean wine...KJ to be exact. Then I'll tell you how I'm combating paranoia ("what if's, "supposing...", and "I wonder if's") about my "simple" 34 day trip with 11 campgrounds booked with deposits and a pending snow storm the day I leave, January 19th.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.