Sunday, November 30, 2014

2nd Sticker on the Map!

Even though this is a business-type of trip, we are booked for a week and will get to drive around to see some sights. We are staying at at Pine Cone Resort in Freehold Township, NJ and it's name is very apropos as we are surrounded by beautiful pine trees. The roads are all hard-packed clay, but the sites have grass, gravel, a picnic table and a fire ring. There are millions of pine needles spread out under the pines and they resemble a Christmas tree skirt.  It seems like a very nice place, but I will offer my official verdict during daylight hours. So far, I've only heard different sounds from different people, different rigs and different cars, I'm guessing it will take the whole week here before I feel more "at home."
Our space just for the night. Pull-thru w/o water.

Lucy struggled with the ride for most of the trip down. It took us about 2-1/2 hours and only the last few minutes were spent quietly sitting on my lap in her carry bag. I felt like she knew something different was going to happen even before we pulled out of Croton Park, because for the first time, she actually tried to claw her way out of her bag and tore up the towel liner.

She was quite verbal, right from the start, so I let her out to seek a comfy spot. She immediately made a beeline for the bed where she remained content until we hit a rough patch of road. We could hear her crying and whimpering, which broke our hearts, but she was brave enough to walk all the way up to the front of the rig.

Lucy starting to unwind.
In the bag, out of the bag, on my lap, in the bag, under the bed, under the covers, in the bag. It was just sad repetitive actions until the last 20 minutes, when she decided that sitting in her carry bag on my lap, wasn't so bad after all.

As soon as we parked, the happy clam emerged and acting like nothing ever happened. She has food, water and a clean litter box. For Lucy, Life is Now Good. Tomorrow morning will be another story.

"G" and I are both tired tonight and we need to be up bright and early to get Allie over to the next town for her "look-see." It will be an early-to-bed night, but not until we get out the New Jersey sticker and place it on our map of the USA. A milestone, an accomplishment, a minute one, but memorable for us.

U-turn
One of the funny things that "G" does, that keeps me rolling my eyes, is his frequent u-turns. It seems we can't go anywhere without needing to make a u-turn. This trip afforded us just one, but I decided I shall torture him with posting a "u-turn" photo log from this point forward. I feel this is going to be a noteworthy item to track.


Deep thought for the day:  Lucy, just like "G" and I, does not like bumps in the roads. They can be unpleasant and scary and we prefer to avoid them at all costs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.