Sunday, November 2, 2014

What day is it?

Last night, the winds howled while rain, big branches and acorns fell. It was a night that Lucy would much rather have done without. She meowed incessantly this morning, verbalizing her discontent with the weather and her situation. Even breakfast didn’t assuage her irritated state.

I spent another night tossing and turning, and each time, I saw that Little Miss was at the foot of the bed keeping a ear on the happenings above her head and outside the coach. We were fortunate that nothing too large hit our coach, but our friends, three rigs down, had a bit of damage from a large branch breaking loose and another rig down the path had water leaking in during the night.

It continues to be a blustery day – the day of the New York City Marathon. I think I feel worse for the spectators than I do for the runners. It would take a lot of dedication for me to stand on the sidelines waiting hours to watch my loved one cross the finish line in this weather. I guess I should be grateful that I socialize with the more lazy type of folk.

My chicken soup was delicious and it truly hit the spot on this chilly day. I actually think it’s the best I’ve ever made. Too bad I didn’t have American cheese to make a grilled cheese sandwich, thus the makings for the perfect lunch.

It is Sunday, but it feels like a Thursday. Thursday’s usually feel like Mondays, ahhh, retired life. I’m so glad I have my “Day of the Week Clock,” to keep me up to “day.” Well, whatever day it is, what follows is a video and photo montage to document its beauty...


If you listen close enough, you will hear the acorns hitting the roof.



Lucy's friend, leaning against the tree as he eats an acorn


Lucy with her iPad,



Lucy's little squeaky voice...she never spoke with  long meows.

Deep thought for the day:  The Purpose of Owning a Day Clock: “When the day of the week is more important than the hour of the day.”

1 comment:

  1. The sign of a happy retirement is to have to stop and think about what day it is! When you travel/live in moto home Mother Nature takes on a whole new meaning. Wind is stronger, rain is wetter and falling anything from the sky takes on an entire new noise level.. Loved the video of Lucy, what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.