Tuesday, November 25, 2014

There must be 50 ways to leave your…RV park?

Well, we are on the brink of an impending “snow event,” that has been forecast to hit our area tomorrow and continue into Thursday early AM, which is Thanksgiving Day.  

"G" had both symptoms. 
Besides the much publicized and news-worthy snow event, “G” had the unpleasant malady of a severe toothache this weekend. Thankfully, his dentist was able to see him Monday night and a root canal was started and is scheduled to be completed on December 5th. The timing was actually good, since the last thing you want to do, when in a lot of pain, is see a dentist you don't know and trust.  

Tomorrow, I shall contact the campgrounds I had booked for our trip down to Florida, which will be an easier task than having to postpone our North Carolina trip for one week. As Kermit the Frog, so wisely said, “It’s not easy being green,” so is it true that it’s not easy asking parents of three youngsters to swap a weekend when they are all so involved with extra-curricular activities, have many friends, parties, plans and celebrations, especially at this time of the year. We planned the original weekend over two months ago.

Thankfully, “G’s” tooth feels much improved already and the NC weekend was easier to reschedule than anticipated. Now, all we really need to be concerned about is the snow. “G” had a fleeting thought of going back to the house to weather out the storm there, but when we realized how much stuff needed to be packed and transpored, it didn’t make sense to attempt such a feat. Therefore, we have decided to stay put, pull in our slides (to protect them from the weight of the snow) and wait out the storm. We already have the little Sentra tucked away in the garage and a full tank of propane on board Allie to keep us warm and cozy.

We are in-between the 3"-5" and 5"-8" prediced area.
I'll be sure to provide a photo update of our first snowstorm in an RV, that is, only if the weather people are on target.


Paul Simon sang it well...50 Ways to Leave your Lover...Here is my version of "50 Ways to Leave your RV Park:"

"The problem is all inside my head" he said to me,
"This tooth hurts so much, that I can hardly see.
I'd like to help you, in your struggle to be free,
with fifty ways to leave this RV park."

He said, "It's really not my habit to insist,
and I hope you don't act up or bother to desist,
but, I'll repeat myself, if you really must insist,
There ARE fifty ways to leave this RV park."

You just release the brake, Jake
Make a new plan, Stan.
Reprogram the GPS, Les
And get this rig free.
Hop of the bus, Gus,
No need to discuss much,
Just dump the black tank, Hank,
and it will get us all free.

He said, "It grieves me so that I am in such pain.
I wish the dentist would prescribe a litttle somethin' to make me smile again."
I said, "I'd appreciate that, but would you first explain, 
about those fifty ways to leave this RV park?"

He said, "Why don't we both just sleep on it tonight?
In the morning, after the Vicodin, we both will see the light. "
Then he kissed me, and I realized he probably was right,
There are fifty ways to leave this RV park!


Deep thought for the day: Go ahead, I dare you. Make all the moves you want in the game of life. If the Master Chess Player chooses to NOT move your pawn, then you remain put, until He/She decides to move you to another square. Deal with it! vc

1 comment:

  1. Spoken like a true recovering OCDer. Good tip and 'thought for the day" too We have no control over what fate has in store for us. It's good too that G will be in tip-top condition for that first BIG Adventure down south. As they say, everything works out for the best. P.S. Nice changes to the song. Don't feel you'll ever have to sing it to me, however.
    I've completed my Garrison to JFK run with no incidents: light traffic, rain, and no delays or cancellations. I'm now home for the day, cozy in my RV (Residential Villa).
    Happy Thanksgiving and Safe Travels wherever, whenever.
    Chas

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.