Friday, November 21, 2014

10 Days until "G's" and "V's" First Great Big Adventure

I realized today that we only have ten more days until we pull up stakes and head south. Weather permitting, we will be hitting the road on the morning of December 1st. Since "G" was able to repair the hot water heating element issue, we don't need a detour to New Jersey for service!  Thank you "G!" With the weather so cold and blustery here, we just want to get as close to our first big stop in Raleigh, NC where today, the temperature is 46 degrees, opposed to 32 here in Croton. I should mention, that although I complain about the cold weather, we are actually nice and cozy inside Allie.

Last night the temperatures dipped to 25 degrees and of all nights, at 2 AM, our little propane tank ran dry and "G" needed to change out the tanks. Apparently, I slept, quite soundly, through most of the incident.  Guilty feelings today are at an all-time high.

We spent most of the day yesterday packing up the remaining items at 223. It had gotten to a point where I just didn't know where to start first, so my organizational skills kicked in and I decided to start from the top down, boxing up or removing all possible items and moving them to either the garage or living room. The next step will be to box up what remains in the living room and garage.

My goal had been to slowly, methodically, and with determination, sort, pack, donate, and sell. Not all goals have been attained, but progress is evident to anyone who sees what little remains.

Today finds us scheduled for our last check up at our doctor's office until spring. My little Sentra just had her oil changed and tires rotated, "G's" Jeep is scheduled for Monday and Lucy, has an appointment with her vet for some last minute blood work before we head out. One of my dad's favorite sayings was, "Make sure you get all of your ducks in a row."  Ours are lining up quite nicely.

"Mom, please don't disturb me while I write MY blog."


Thanksgiving is less than a week away and we will be spending it with "G's" family up in Washingtonville, NY (a place colder than Croton, but with good food and family). Christmas is just around the corner and just thinking that we will be in Bradenton by Christmas warms me up...a little...

Deep thought for the day:  Gee, it's rather early for "deep thinking," but here goes: "Stop wishing your life away. Instead of counting down until December 1st, I shall enjoy today for what it is - a gift!" vc










1 comment:

  1. With 58 days left in my countdown, I'm already itching for my next adventure as well. Enjoy yours, go slow and take it one day at a time. I'll take your advice and not look toward that 59th day (with "heavy snow") but will enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.