Monday, November 3, 2014

Comfort food...

Although I was afforded a good night's sleep last night, poor "G" had to listen to my on and off snoring and alert me every time my insulin pump alarmed. I can't believe how I am able to sleep right through the siren that sounds once my blood sugar drops too low or spikes too high. The lows are the more dangerous and it's the main reason I opted to commit to using a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM). The annoyance is worth the benefit, so onward, ho.

I paid a visit to my littlest niece and nephew today and both were "nap-ready." Lil' Jack is thriving wonderfully, eating very well and and being loved immensely. After being swaddled and fed, he rested in his Pack 'n Play to dream of worlds beyond our imaginations. There is a great song by The Bare Naked Ladies, called, "When you Dream." It is such a soothing song and its lyrics are so poignant -  enough to lull you to sleep. Click here to hear it.

Tonight, Charlie and I took a walk around the park, and to my amazement, I introduced him to a walking path and a secluded beach that he never knew existed - go figure...he, who knows everything was introduced to two things today by "moi."  I included a couple of shots from our walk.


It was a spectacular day today.
My best "girlfriend," Chuck, Charlie, Joe, Charlutz. 
Whatever name I call him, I can depend upon him to be there for me (and "G")

This evening's dinner consisted of the "best-ever" homemade meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn, which, is the meal my kids would consider their childhood favorite. A nice bottle of Dolcetto d'Alba rounded off the meal to make it near-perfect. The only thing that could have improved it was if the dishes washed themselves. I am my own worst critic, so if I give myself credit for a meal done right, it is one you would wished you had tasted. Impressively, since being here, this is the second time I've made something that I considered "my best-ever," making me wonder if Allie gives me super-cooking powers? Ha...if "G" could only be so lucky.

The day is done. The dark has settled in far too soon for me since we began Daylight Savings Time. It will take me several weeks to adjust to the new sunrises and sunsets. Perhaps in time for it to return to normal in March????

Deep thought for the day: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn: made with love and served with pride = "The Best Ever American Comfort Food."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.