Thursday, December 4, 2014

Feeling positive, despite...


I decided to start my day off with super-positive feelings about being able to pull out of Croton Monday. I'm trying to send all positive vibes to "G's" bothersome tooth in the hopes he will get some much-needed relief from his discomfort. 

I'm sitting on the couch back at 223, using our internet service, which is a luxury I find myself missing in Allie. The Internet, not the couch. We think that Miss Lucy may have contributed to our high rate of data usage this month due to her addiction to YouTube videos of birds and squirrels. Thankfully, space 71 is affording her views of birds and squirrels for free.  

Today, on my way out, I saw a Rough-Legged Hawk. I wasn't quite sure of what it was until I checked on a birding site. It's a special treat observing these magnificent creatures. So far, I've seen a Snowy Owl, a Blue Jay and a Bald Eagle. Whenever I see the eagle. I feel like I should be wearing patriotic colors...they make me feel so "American."

Here are photos (not mine) of the birds I have seen here so far.


The bold and beautiful Blue Jay


The impressive Rough-Legged Hawl

The beautiful Snowy Owl


The magnificent Bald Eagle


Deep thought for the day:  Don't spend your life looking down or straight ahead to where you are headed. Be sure to pause and look up every once in a while.  The view can take you to to a different dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.