Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dentist update - ready to 'go"

"G" had a successful visit at the dentist yesterday, thus, allowing me the honor of starting the official countdown to "G's and V's Great Big Adventure." Baring any unforseen events, we are finally ready to get on the road tomorrow. We had little time to get the last minute stocking, cooking and storing chores completed, because I refused to plan ahead until I got the "green light" on Monday afternoon.

I took stock and inventory of the items I chose to have on board and got rid of anything I haven't used in the month and a half we have been down here. Listed below are my top six "must have" RV items since these six have made living aboard Allie much easier for me:

1. Salad Spinner. Thank you Lisa and Moe. This handy-dandy item has been one of my favorite kitchen items. I use this often and for many different purposes. It not only strains, spins, and stores salad, it folds up, taking minimal space in my closet, thus making it an even better addition to any RV kitchen.
Salad spinner! OMG!
2. Keurig Single Pod Coffee Server. Thanks Leah and Charlie! Mornings just wouldn't be the same without my Keurig. This takes up such little space on our counter and stays put when traveling. Can't beat that cup of java in the morning. I wouldn't leave home without it.
Keurig One-Cup Coffee Pot
3. The Day of the Week Clock.  Thank you Auntie and Uncle Tony! Well, it actually speaks for itself. I don't know what I would do without this clock. I had found myself asking "G" what day it was much more often than what time it was.

"When the Day of the week is more important than the hour of the day."
4.  Left-Handed Knives.  Thanks Charlie. Whether you travel in an RV or not, if you are a "leftie," you must get yourself one of these babies. You will finally discover how cutting or slicing is supposed to feel. I was amazed with the ease of cutting. I never realized how many knives have the blades honed for a right-handed person. Discrimination, I tell you!!!!!


5. Crock Pot.  Love this little "original." Set it and forget it. It is a wonderful way to free up the day while not using up a lot of propane. Since it takes upso  little space, it is a "keeper." So far, I've used it to make soups, stews, chili, oatmeal and pot roasts.

6. Presto (Chango) Electric Skillet.  This baby is my most frequent "go to" kitchen appliance (except for the Keurig) when preparing breakfast, lunch or dinner. Every RV should have this versitile appliance. Pancakes, bacon, grilled cheese, chili, pasta sauce, sausage and peppers...you name it. I heard you can even bake a cake in one.

I also wanted to end our Croton tour with a couple of photos to mark the passing of time and capture some interesting shots.

Fall photo of tent-camping area

Winter view of tent-camping area



Photos of the Croton Point Park "Toll Booth." I took close-up photos of the artwork that adorns the perimiter of the building.  Our friend, Charlie, blogged about the murals on the bathhouse, and the ones on the Toll Booth are strikingly similar in design and composition. I was unable to connect the artist to these small murals on the Toll Booth, but here is a link to her work and more info about artist, Mariah Fee.  Winnie & Me Blog Entry about art on Croton Bathhouse  and/or Artword by Mariah Fee

Toll building

Depiction of the brick-making building?

Indiginous creatures of the Hudson River?

The Wine Cellar!

Insects and Fauna?

Early tools

Oyster shells

Henry Hudson's ship, The Half Moon

The Roundhouse at Croton Harmon

Deep thought for the day:  Good things (eventually) come to those who wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.