Sunday, October 5, 2014

This and that: this is it and that is that - for now!

This post will be the last one of our two-week stay here at "The Point," as I shall refer to it from this point forward. I spent the day feeling a bit sad at the fact that tomorrow we pull up our shallow roots and head back to 223. I don't want to go, yet know we cannot stay. I have no photos to end this saga, but points worth mentioning:

1. We love Allie

2. Lucy seems to love living in Allie

3. We love The Point

4. Campfires are now our friend

5. People-watching is fun

6. Trying new things is exciting

Click here for Mighty Mouse Theme Song
7. George has earned the titles: Fire Starter and Mighty Mouse. The latter due to the lyrics of the song that go, "on the sea or on the land, he's got the situation under hand." 

8. It seems to be more fun camping with friends, because you can torture and tease them all night long, and still like each other in the morning.

9. Cooking seems less difficult in an RV

10. I really don't miss a dishwasher in Allie

11. Life seems to be easier and days fly by even more quickly while living this type of life. Perhaps that is not a good thing?

12. I know we are both looking forward to returning for our extended winter stay here from October 30th-December 1st

Over the last couple of days, I decided to make my Christmas shopping list and have actually completed 2/3 of it thanks to on-line purchases. I need to get quite a bit done in a short amount of time, and there is no time like the present to buy presents. 

So, all's well that ends well. Early to bed tonight for us, because we have a lot of "tasks" to accomplish tomorrow before pulling up stakes and driving Allie back to 223. It will be interesting to see how Lucy adjusts to yet another change. 

Deep thought for the day:  If patience were the only virtue, I'd be virtue-less.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.