Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Go!

Tomorrow afternoon, we shall head down to "The Point" for a one-month sojourn at the first and only park in which we have ever stayed. The past three days have been spent helping to care for my little niece, Willow, who is 15 months old, while we all got the blessing of welcoming in her new baby brother. Jack William Mauro. Jack was born on Monday, October 27th, which was the most beautiful fall day that ended with a spectacular low-hung crescent moon. He is a cutie, yet all boy, with a great set of lungs. Go Jack! I think a distant post shall be entitled, See Jack run..."

This caused me to remember the Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme, Monday's Child:

Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace;
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go;
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for its living;
But the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

Well, with a bit of research, I discovered that this new baby is "full of face," and his face seems to resemble my dad's at this point. "G" is a Tuesday's child, thus making him full of grace (Saving Grace...).  I'm a Thursday's child, so I have far to go...YES. I want to go far and wide, beginning tomorrow afternoon! YES, YES, YES...I can't wait....Thursday's child must also be quite impatient.

Since my time hasn't been spent packing and organizing Allie, I needed to set my gear at high speed. I will get everything done by 3 pm tomorrow. 

Tick-toc, tick-toc, watch the hands go 'round the clock.

Deep thought for the day: Babies are a joy, a wonder and a blessing from above. Hillary Clinton wrote a book titled, It takes a Village. Well it took four adults to put their lives on hold in order to care for Willow while little bro' Jack entered the world  Someday he (and she) shall know of joy, wonder and blessings of family love, commitment and sacrifice. Famiglia......a beautiful word, especially when combined with amore.








1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you, Willow, Will and Amy. Saw the photos of Jack and what a beauty he is. Amy's new profile photo is fantastic. BTW, I am Tuesday baby and full of grace. I'll have to research what that means. Looking forward to seeing you two tomorrow although I'm aways from you (Site #19). Wait till you see how I had to maneuver into my spot. Bring sunshine please

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.