Monday, October 20, 2014

On your mark...

Ok. You know the drill...On your mark, get set, go! Well, Allie is parked in front of 223 like a prize race horse, chomping at her bit to get back on the road again. Oh, my bad...I mean, I am chomping at the bit to get back on the road again. Allie, is actually patiently sitting in front of the house, enjoying the time that "G" is spending cleaning and primping her for the upcoming trip down to The Point. From there, we begin "G and V's First Great Big Adventure" to Florida.

Much time and energy has been spent plotting the stops along the way, choosing campgrounds, narrowing down the hundreds of places (to 8) that we would have loved to have visited, and making the calls to reserve sites. About half of them have been secured with deposits and the remainder will be completed over the next couple of weeks.  Also during this time, piles of clothes, must-have items, and necessities are being stacked by the front door and systematically loaded into the rig. I am disappointed that my crafts will not be able to be included due to the fact that I can't narrow them down to just one storage bin. When push comes to shove, some things just gotta go and some things just gotta stay. Perhaps it will be time to sharpen up my charcoal pencil and grab a pad to do some sketching. If not that, my camera will need to be my artistic outlet.

Today marked a major accomplishment for us. We put in the papers to have our mail forwarded and permanently changed to an address in Crestview, Florida. I'll be sure to give everyone the info before it becomes official on November 3rd. Although a bit scary, it indicates that we are intent on moving forward on our plan of living with less while seeing and doing more.

An interesting thing happened when I cleared off my desk today. When I picked up each of the following items, I knew they would need to take the journey with us. They could have been boxed up and left behind, but just looking at them always makes me smile, so a space will be found for each one of them. Already on board is an oyster shell that Savannah gave me from her visit back in August. 

"Little Nina Lobster"


Cooper's rock, Summer's Sassy Stone and Nina's little Squinkie


Next post will be titled: "Get set..."









Deep thought for the day compliments of Dr. Seuss: You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.