Thursday, October 30, 2014

Born to be wild

Well, we did it! We are officially "full-timers." We actually beat our expected time of departure by over one hour and it took us just about that hour to get ourselves all checked in, hooked up and (almost) all set up at space 40, our home for the next month. I'm finding all sorts of nooks and crannies to fit everything on board that I felt I wanted and needed. I'm sure that I shall begin to purge after about a week, I know I've packed way too many clothes and "emergency" items, like nasal sprays, cough drops, ace bandages, pain relievers and antacids. The good thing is that I have a month to decide whether it stays for the long-haul, or gets ditched before we head south.

We departed on a most beautiful fall day, that was crisp, clean and full of color. We are fortunate to have timed this stay to coincide with the peak week of fall foliage in the Hudson Valley region. I followed Allie down in the Jeep, because our friend, and fellow camper, Charlie, needed to borrow my Sentra in order to see to a few chores. It worked out well, since we have both our vehicles here. Tomorrow, either "G" or I will drive Charlie to Cross River to pick up his black beauty; a pretty little Cadillac ATS. 

Tonight, we were treated to a wonderful meal at Samurai Japanese Restaurant and Hibachi Steak House - one of our favorite places to get some high-quality sushi. I'm afraid that once we leave the confines of our immediate area, I will miss my favorite haunts the most. Speaking of "haunts," tonight is the night before "All Hallows Eve" and it's quite dark and chilly, with temps just at 46°. The perfect type of night to curl up with a Stephen King novel. For me, it will be curling up next to "G" and Miss Lucy (who settled in very nicely) in our bed made up with flannel sheets and a soft down comforter. I'm so tired...

And, we're off...

What we are leaving behind.
Get your motor running
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
and whatever comes our way
Ya darling you could make it happen
Take the world in a lovin' embrace
Fire all of your guns at once and
Explode into space
Born
 to
 be
 wild
by Steppenwolf

Click here for You Tube Video
Deep thought for the day: Just when you think you can't push yourself any further, the image of what lays ahead spurs you on to go beyond what you believed yourself actually capable of accomplishing.

4 comments:

  1. Safe travels and let the adventure begin....the beauty of RV travel is as you go you find out you do not need that many "things" to make everyday life great. It is all right with you. Blessings to all and Lucy too...can't wait to read and follow you journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula. Lucy is all settled in and wearing her pretty ID "necklace." What's great about staying close to home is the fact that we can purge easily. I'm looking forward to hearing any suggestions and comments that can help us along the way. I did have one silly question for you and any other Tiffin owners. Since we bought this rig second-hand, we were wondering where the toilet paper holders had been? Our model has the bath and a half and neither had one. The previous owner must have removed them.

      Delete
  2. Sorry for all the typos, I should slow down when I type but I feel you got the jest of what I was saying.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think I should be concerned over the fact that I DID understand all you wrote? LOL No apologies neccessary!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.