Saturday, August 2, 2014

Running on empty...

Allie with terrible step mats...soon to be history.

Today spawned another day of cleaning and organizing. As promised, "G" brought in all the bins and I emptied them, filled cabinets, emptied the cabinets, put items in different cabinets and then moved them one more time. They shall be rearranged once situated at a campground, because that's when I will find out what is in convenient, vs. inconvenient locations.

There are no food staples or refrigerated items on board yet, so once I shop, I'll find out if the large area I have left empty will suffice for storing all the dry goods. I found that the cabinet (over the TV) will be the perfect spot for canned goods. They fit perfectly. "G's" favorite green beans and my chick peas will be stacked there, among other goodies, like creamed soups, corn, canned fruits, dips and sauces.

My "can cabinet" above TV
This MH has so much more room than Gracie, but the square footage is reconfigured, so much thought needed to go into the organization process. Tomorrow's tasks:

  • Try out the washer/dryer to make sure it works
  • Practice using the micro/convection oven
  • Load Allie up with towels, paper towels, napkins and some clothes
  • Buy me some Command picture hangers! 
  • Set up a little inside tool box
  • Make a box of "office supplies" 
  • Fill a box with "gift wrapping/shipping/cards/tape/stamps/scissors/etc.


We hung one up a small canvass print tonight and I was so excited to finally see a "personal touch" appear on the walls.  

"G's" assignment, should he choose to accept it, will be to get the ice maker working, figure out the on-board GPS/Bluetooth/Radio system, and organize the "basement" area. Today, he trouble shooted the hot water heater. There is always something to "futz" with.

We are hoping to get a couple of days down in Croton Point Park this week to give Allie a test-run to make sure she is in perfect working order for when our three NC grandchildren come to stay with us in two weeks. That would be a perfect first anniversary gift to ourselves. In only 3 days, we hit that major milestone.  Personally, I don't know where the time went. Lately, it seems it went to dealing with motorhome life. I'll take it, the work, the tired feet, the endless list of "to do's" and "G," who is also my Saving Grace.

Deep thought for the day: Time flies when you are having fun.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see her!! This should be quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.