Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A thief among us....

For anyone who has an iPad, or iPhone, make sure the option "Find My iPad/Phone" is set to "on" in your settings. Mine was, and this is where it is: 

It's called Mallet's Bay, which is in Vermont, and looks to be a lovely area. The police believe that it is most likely in a dumpster or was thrown into the wooded area below the tennis courts.

I think what bothers me most, is the fact that since it is all the way up in Vermont, it must have been a fellow camper that swiped it from our spot. I had assumed that there was an unwritten honesty rule among campers, since all around us, there are valuables left unattended for days and weeks. I, again, assumed that we each looked out for the other.  However, as Felix Unger told us in a memorable episode of The Odd Couple,  "NEVER assume, because when you do, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

My days of assuming and trusting are over.  I shall not constantly look over my shoulder, or lock everything up tight and be afraid. Instead, I shall be more wary and cautious of my valuables.

It will be interesting to see if the Vermont police will actually stop defending the public and fighting crime to go and hunt down my iPad. I can't imagine, but you never know and, heaven forbid, I won't assume the worst. This could be the plot for a future Law and Order...to be continued.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.