Wednesday, August 27, 2014

An afternoon with my brother and our niece

The cockatoo got her attention

This afternoon, my youngest brother, Steve, brought our niece over for a visit. Willow, is the daughter of my middle brother, Will, and she is an adorable little one-year old. I am fascinated by the way a one-year old gets their point across without having to utter an intelligible word. She rattles off sentences of blabber, and when you ask her, "What did you say," she repeats the exact blabber, blab-for-blab, as if I were dense. 

Holding Uncle Steve's ears

She knows so many words and what they mean that it amazes me. The ones I picked up on so far are: dog, cat, ball, horse, baba (bottle), num num (eat), me, mine, no, yeah, as well as the standard mama and dadda. She also says, "two," after I say "one," which surprised me.

It was a beautiful day from start to finish day, albeit a tad warm for me. However, it didn't stop me from getting a walk in before my visitors arrived.

"G" did all the cooking tonight, so my day ended on a perfect note. 



1 comment:

  1. As usual, a great day with beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.