Saturday, August 9, 2014

Can you teach an old dog (cat) new tricks????

Caged during trek to Croton
Here we sit, in space 38, down at Croton Point Park, with Miss Lucy Lu aboard. It is our fervent hope that she will find the new "digs" acceptable. We have already had a couple of incidents of her catching a glimpse of her reflection in a mirror, in the fireplace and oven door. She is a work in progress, so an update will follow.

A few photos of the day:
Make-shift reflection deterrent
Feeble attempt to block oven



Her favorite spot!  The "Doggie" window.

It was quite a tiring day with having to load Allie up for the week and a half that we will be down here.  It was just like starting over for the first time. My legs, back and feet are sore as can be.  I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will find me refreshed enough to reorganize everything on board.
Allie in space 38...
Dinner was supposed to be a quick bacon, egg and cheese on toast, but it turned into a momentous undertaking due to only having 30 amps (opposed to the envious 50 amp service). We couldn't run any two of the following at the same time:  the air conditioning, skillet, toaster or microwave. Everything I needed to prepare the meal. I tripped circuits left and right and poor "G" ended up with a  luke-warm sandwich and I ate 20 minutes later.

"G" just ran home to pick up a couple of things, but I have a funny feeling that he just might find his way past the McDonald's drive-thru for a little somethin'-something.'

Tonight will be our first night in Allie and Lucy's re-indoctrination to life on the road.  I'm sitting on the couch, it's quiet, it's peaceful and I'm expecting her to come out of hiding at any moment and begin hissing at shadows. My poor little crazy kat. For now she is happily hiding under the blanket on the bed.

Update:  She came out, sweet as can be, and then the hiss fits started...."G" is covering all reflective surfaces with paper as I complete this entry.

Deep thought for the day:  There are times when a brain is too tired to think of something profound to say, except that I wish my cat would stop fighting with her shadow demons, enjoy the wonderful life we have given her, and revel in all the love that is bestowed upon her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.