Friday, September 11, 2015

Day 3 Ohio to Indiana

 No photoshop here. Just a perfectly placed rainbow. 
Today is a solemn day for our country as we mark the 14th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the USA. September 11, 2001 is a day I will never forget. I can close my eyes and be transported back in time and feel all I felt and remember all I had seen. I'd like to start my entry with a magnificent photo that was taken last night after a torrential rain storm in NY. Proof that beauty eventually emerges from the worst destruction.

                          
In spite of an early start to our day, we knew that we would not be afforded an early start on the road due to my having a little mishap last night. As every RVer knows, items shift and move while on the road, and although I'm no exception, I was still shocked when I opened an overhead compartment and was attacked by my aluminum foil wrap. I sustained a nasty slice to my right thumb that should have had a couple of stitches, but I decided to wait until morning to head over to the nearest Urgent Care. 

Although still bleeding, I was informed that it was too late for stitches. It seems that 12 hours post-injury is too late to stitch a gaping wound (at least in Ohio). A thorough cleaning (ouch), a pressure bandage and a splint were provided and we were finally on our way. 

I'm embarrassed to admit that this was my third injury of the summer, so I'm hoping that the "bad things happen in 3's" is now behind me - the ankle, index finger and thumb. 

Our free night at Cabellas was peaceful and we all slept well. One other RV showed up during the night, making for a total of four rigs in the spacious parking lot. 

We travelled along Route 70 with an unplanned detour that afforded us the opportunity to drive past the Birthplace of Wilber Wright. I guess the Wright's moved before Orville was born. 

We also drove on "Historic National Road," aka Route 40. Even though it took us over 20 miles out of our way, we got to see some pretty little towns ing the way. 

Since we wanted to shower and do a load or two of laundry, we decided to locate a KOA for the night. I found Terre Haute KOA, which is just about 10 miles from the Illinois boarder where we shall put our jacks down and call it a day. 


Deep thought for the day:  Celebrate each day as if it might be your last. Fourteen years ago thousands went about their morning, assuming it was just another day. -vc 


I couldnt resist...

I was so excited to snap this pic of the arch, I missed the Welcome to Indiana sign.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your trip which has given me the incentive and the itch to get "on the road again." Yes, your third "mishap" is behind you so clear sailing ahead. Be sure to stop and smell the roses. I know you're on a timeline but savor the sights as you go. I suggest a change in the iPhone settings for the camera. Thanks to you, my upcoming blog will have my 2016 Winter Adventure posted. Only my stops on the way home remain to be booked. Safe trip and keep posting!
    Chas

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.