Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Life is Beautiful

I'm sitting on the couch in Gracie and across from me is the beautiful plaque "G's" parents gave us last Christmas.  It reads, "Life is Beautiful," and the illustration of an RV is skillfully painted below, resembling Saving Grace. It is my constant reminder that life, indeed, is beautiful, but sometimes, you need to look beyond the ordinariness that makes up your surroundings.  It can be as beautiful as you believe it to be, as I have discovered during my stay here.

Many people have older, well-worn units, yet they beam with pride when talking about when they got it, where they've been, and the experiences (good and bad) that they have encountered.  Everyone has stories about the mistakes, missed turns and mishaps that inevitably turn out to be the most entertaining.

We moved, for the last time, yesterday, and Gracie is now parked in space 12 and we will reside here for the next week. I actually drove her from space 40 into 12 and think I did a spectacular job. I can't believe "G" let me drive this big baby.

Thanks to my step-mom, we have a couple of new handy-dandy items that turned out to be much needed necessities, opposed to much wanted goodies.  We now have a carpet under our Clam, which will keep insects at bay and comfortable folding chairs.  It is so intimate and cozy now.  Gifts of solar lanterns add to the ambiance and I now prefer my coffe outside, looking up at our big girl.

A ride up to Camping World in Kingston this afternoon seemed to have gotten our Man of Honor bitten by the camping bug. He met us up there and found a small unit we all loved.  Click here to see the Winnebago View

"G" has continued to surprise me by trying new things and expanding upon his wry sense of humor.  It is one of the things I love most about him.  Spending so much time together is better than I had imagined.  We have fallen into certain routines and enjoy a fair give and take.  Of course it's not a total bed of roses, but even when it's just a handful of dandelions, I find it delightful..

Tonight we spent the evening at our neighbor's in their screen room.  We, along with a couple of friends of theirs, played the game, Mexican Train, a new adventure for both "G" and I.  We had a lot of laughs and fun, and got to spend the time with old, as well as new, friends.  Before breaking up the game, we heard coyotes howling and fighting up on the landfill.  That has been one of my favorite walking paths and hearing the ferocious sounds made me wonder where they go during the day....

Lucy update:  She has handled this last move much better than the one previous. We believe that she has accepted the fact that we live here now and she needs to make the best of her situation.  I wonder what her little brain will think once we get back home.

Deep thought for the day:  "Home is where our cat is."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.