Sunday, June 8, 2014

Final days at Croton

I am beginning to feel like time is passing by more quickly lately.  From counting down "G's" days to retirement to the day of picking up Saving Grace and our first excursion, I have now begun the countdown to when we leave this wooded paradise.

We have only three days left and I want to squeeze as much relaxation, hiking, entertaining and fun into a dwindling amount of days.  It was agreed today, that we don't want to go home, but, home we must go on Thursday morning.  Unfortunately, more rain is expected tomorrow, but that won't deter me from enjoying some quiet time, reading a book while curled up on the couch watching it pour down from the windows of the coach.

We met many new people this weekend from the "Hudson Islanders" chapter of the Family Motorcoach Association.  We will be meeting up with many of them in July when we trek to Vermont.  So many plans, so many places, so little time.

I will begin to make my lists again and see how well I do this time.  My next post will most likely be generated from our home base.  We are running out of internet time.  That post will include the "Top Ten List of Items I Forgot To Bring Along On Our First Trip."

Deep thought for the day:  Be grateful for what you've got, because you will miss it once it's gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.