Friday, September 21, 2018

Raleigh, NC - Pushing It

Florence as it approached Willimgton, NC
We arrived in Raleigh, NC on Thursday, September 20th with no problems to speak of, which was fortunate since we headed down in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence. We were lucky to get a site at the Raleigh State Fairgrounds as it was already packed with Coastal Evacuees, First Responders and Insurance Adjusters. 

This detour on our journey south is to get in some much-needed "Grand kid" Time with our North Carolina Crew. These kids are always doing fun and wonderful things with their family and friends, so I tried to think up some exciting things to do together with them. I chose two experiences I have never done, but have wanted to try. The first one is a visit to an "Escape Room." For those of you who don't know what that is, it's similar to the game, Clue, where you need to g a bunch of clues to solve the mystery that will get you the "Key" to get out. You get an allotted amount of time to accomplish the task in order to "Escape," or "Survive." They have done escape rooms before, so I feel quite confident that we will survive.
My beautiful inspirations. Cooper, Summer and Savannah.

The second adventure is  a trip to a zip lining - ropes course. This is a "pushing it" activity for me as I'm afraid of heights. I booked the "Junior" course that is geared for first-timers and kids figuring that if a 5-year old can do it, so can I.  George reminded me that 5-year-old kids have no fear, so I'm questioning my decision...but I will give it a try anyway. My three NC kids inspired me to go on a very high water slide on a Carnival Cruise Ship, so I'm depending upon them to help push me to new heights once again.  

I've started a new "bucket list." This one consist of things I want to do before I collect Medicare - things that I may regret not trying before I'm too old to do them. I did see where a man jumped out of an airplane for his 100th birthday, so I guess it's never too late to attempt fate, but I can guarantee you this - skydiving is NOT on my bucket list.

Here is a link to the places we will go...("Oh, the places you will go...")

Cipher Escape, we're doing the "North Carolina Photo Hunt Escape."

Go Ape, We're signed up for the Junior Course."



So, let the fun begin with three kids who are growing up way too fast. Another item on my bucket list, "Do a third daring challenge with these three before they are all taller than me."


Deep thought for the day: This is one of my favorite quotes of all time. Whenever I read it, I get chills:

“Come to the edge," he said.
"We can't, we're afraid!" they responded.
"Come to the edge," he said.
"We can't, We will fall!" they responded.
"Come to the edge," he said.
And so they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.”


― Guillaume Apollinaire

1 comment:

  1. Great blog and going after what you desire to accomplish even greater.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.