Thursday, September 27, 2018

Push it......push it real good....

I titled this blog entry with a few lyrics from the song, "Push It," by rap duo, Salt-N-Pepa, because it actually defined what I did - I "pushed it real hard." Oooh, baby, baby.

Due to conflicting and busy schedules we only had a weekend to pack in some quality time and I'm pleased to say that we were able to squeeze a lot of fun things into that short time span.

Our first stop was to Sweet Spoons, a self-serve frozen yogurt shop. I witnessed several gummy worms, crushed Reeses bar, hot fudge, whipped cream and nuts being sprinkled over different flavored yogurts, but I stayed with my favorite - Salted Caramel Pretzel - sans toppings.


My Sweetie with Papa George.

Cooper
Summer


9/22 "Triumph - "umph," added to try. How appropos.
On Saturday, 9/22, we took a trip to "Go Ape," a ropes/adventure/zip line course. Although we opted for the Junior Course, it was still a challenge for my old and out-of-shape body. We all made it through and my fear of heights was averted, because instead of looking down, I kept looking ahead at how the kids and Joan were doing. For me, walking off the edge of a platform in the trees was the most difficult part, but the (too short) zip line ride was worth overcoming that "drop-off" fear. Like George warned me, the kids would have no fear. They ran off the platform...I hesitated, grabbed my rope tightly and slowly slid off. This is something I had been wanting to try and I'm so happy I pushed myself past my comfort zone to accomplish the deed.




The "Zippers" minus Summer (hiding behind the mascot).

Savannah and mommy, Joan

Monkeying around before the course.

I followed Joan throughout the course and was encouraged by her shirt! 

"The Bird" and I.


Getting harnessed up and instructed.

Each checking our rope and pulley.

First victim, uh, participant, Summer.

Low, practice run.

Cooper starting off.

Joan and I thinking, "We got this." But forgot to look up at the real course.

Does anyone else see "What's wrong with this picture?"

Getting higher into the tall trees.

Jumping off the platform.

Joan, with me, bringing up the rear. Getting higher each obstacle.

One step at a time and two-stepping each board.



Our official certificate stating that we completed the course.
George holding a coupon - He was our photographer.

For Sunday, I had booked an Escape Room at Cipher Escape. Neither George or I had never done an escape room, but the kids have done a couple prior to this one. We were not successful in getting out of the room in time, but we solved several difficult clues on our own and got three hints that helped us get further, but in the end, it was too difficult of an escape room for us. Some of the clues were quite obscure and I don't think it was meant for their age level. But, it was a new experience that I will probably attempt again.


She loves to bake. Peppa Pig Cupcakes.
On Sunday night, we regrettably bid our farewells. Hurricane Florence caused schools to be closed for two days the week before, so instead of having a scheduled break, the kids needed to make up those missed days. We weren't sure of the route we would be taking home at this point either, because Interstate 95 southbound was closed from the exit we needed to access it well into South Carolina.

Luck was in our favor, because after planning an alternate route that would have added a whole extra travel day, I-95 reopened in the morning. We had smooth sailing the entire way. George got to "push it real good" on the ride back to our FL home with only one overnight stop.




We arrived safe and sound at Elite Resorts to find weeds bursting though our pavers and stones. With temps in the 90's, we will have our work cut out for us.


Deep thought for the day:  When push comes to shove, I'd rather push myself - it's easier.  ~vc



2 comments:

  1. Yessiree. There's a whole lot of adventure in this littl ol' blog. Accomplishments, Adventures and Quality time with those you love. It doesn't get any better than that. I believe that what it's all about...this thing called "living." You did and you'll sleep comfy knowing that you've checked off some items on the bucket list. And, with more coming, you'll do the same. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, my friend, thanks for your comment. It’s nice seeing proof that someone reads my blog. However, I guess I do It more for myself, as a diary or sorts. It’s amazing when I look back (and not too far back) how my memory is jogged -and I get to smile.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.