Friday, September 23, 2016

Eastward bound.

Today, I compose this entry from the parking lot of a Bass Pro Shop located in Portage, Indiana, where we spent last night. This portion of our 3rd Great Big Adventure has turned out to be quite anticlimactic and I am finding it difficult to compose an intelligent post while feeling so blue. Poor George has been surviving my less-than-upbeat mood since leaving Colorado and as much as I try to rise above it, I'm finding it too difficult of a task at the moment. I know "this too shall pass," but until it does, life is stuck in the slow lane.

I hope the folks who take the time to read what I write find my usual publications interesting and my "Deep Thoughts" somewhat thought-provoking and I hope they can also understand my present predicament of being temporarily uninspired.

A fellow blogger recently published a video on the feeling of "disconnect" while living full-time in an RV. He explained how, although you get to experience the excitement of all the new places to which you travel, you give up the familiar connection with the place from which you came, such as familiar roads, stores, friends, family, etc. I'm not sure if that is exactly what I'm feeling, but I presume time will tell.

The open road does gets lonely at times and you lack the ability to visit with a friend, grab dinner at a favorite restaurant, or run into a grocery store that you can maneuver with your eyes closed. The familiar, although boring at times, turns out to be a comforting thought once away for a long period of time. Even coming upon a Post Office or a Walmart hundreds of miles from home are welcome sights.

I was going to title this entry, "Homeward Bound," but decided to settle for "eastward bound," because anytime we are out for a long day, I always refer to our return to Little Miss as "going home." Home is wherever George and Lucy reside.

Below are a few photos that slipped by the wayside and failed to get posted - each one is most worthy of recognition and a place of permanence within my blog. 

Enjoy.

Colorado girls' first sleepover.

Nina with her "Meema" Lobster - happily getting a bit more worn for wear.
Breakfast of champions!
My Little Chef - she makes the BEST scrambled eggs.
An interesting RV. A Chevrolet Champion.
From the School Fair. I thought it was so adorable.
Overnight stay in Hannibal, IL. Lovely park.Deer Creek RV Park.
Under the table we have her bed and her travel bag. This is Lucy's position once the key is turned in the ignition.

Deep thought for the day:  “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”  ~  Alexander Graham Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.