Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Tupelo, MS

We are winding down tonight at Trace State Park in Pontotoc, MS, (pronounced Pon-toe-toc) which is a few miles south-west of Tupelo - the birthplace of Elvis Presley. 

Trace State Park is a sweet, pretty, quiet, peaceful parcel of land surrounding Trace Lake, located close to the Old Natchez Trace Trail.

 We are nestled among the tall pine trees laden with pine cones and surrounded by squirrels who provide Lucy with early morning entertainment. 
The view from our door.
Looking out the driver's side.
Looking out the driver's side......squirrel watching.
Lucy's morning entertainment.



Stock photo of what we missed hiking along.
The Natchez Trail was the lifeline for Native Americans, slaves, early settlers and traders. I discovered all of this information too late to hike any one of the 60 miles of scenic trails. That fact alone has me determined to return to the Tupelo area. 

Earlier today we took a ride over to Sherman RV to sneak a peek at our new baby.  When we pulled in we came upon twin 36LA's parked side by side. A quick glance inside one showed a different color interior, so we knew the other was ours. We got to have a quick look-see, but she was in the process of being "prepped," so we felt a bit in the way. I know I'd surely dislike someone watching me work, so we reluctantly left her to the professional cleaners.

There were a couple of little "glitches," that are being addressed, but nothing as big as what we realized after getting home. We both noticed right off-the-bat that the half-bath door and the master bath cabinet door both opened in the opposite direction as Allie's. We didn't think anything of it at the time, but upon further thought, the half-bath door swing can be a potential hazard. We will address the issue tomorrow before signing on the dotted line. We think it could be an easy fix.

Tonight will be our last night in Allie. We have started to remove the wall-hangings and packed up the linen closet. The refrigerator and freezer are just about empty and the cupboards are practically bare. We didn't want to move too much food unnecessarily so we've been literally eating ourselves out of house and home.

So, on to a challenging issue for me.....her (or his) name. I thought of Honeybee, from Van Morrison's song! Tupelo Honey. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN 

Honeybee?

Then I thought, why not call it Elvis? After all, we ARE close to his birthplace and I COULD have a lot of fun with writing how, "Elvis has left the campground," or "Elvis has left the state." 

Elvis??
Some other thoughts..... 
Gracie II
Allie II
Tracie (We stayed at Trace State Park) 
Ol' Miss
 
I'm pulling at straws now.... 

I came up with the names for our two previous RVs right away, but this one has me stumped. Feel free to leave name suggestions in the "Comment" section.

Speaking of comments, I know people are reading this blog, but I get such little feedback. Please drop a comment or two to let me know your thoughts, opinions, a thumbs up. or suggestions - and that your out there.....{sound of crickets chirping}

Help, I need a name, folks.


Deep thought for the day:  Courtesy of Mr. Van Morrison, singer/song writer - 1945-present


You can't stop us on the road to freedom
You can't keep us 'cause our eyes can see
Men with in-sight, men in gran-ite
Knights in armor bent on chivalry
She's as sweet as tupelo honey
She's an angel of the first degree
She's as sweet as tupelo honey
Just like honey from the bee

4 comments:

  1. Tick tock, the time approaches. A good time to ponder a new name. Didn't see "Tupelo" among the choices. (You have two spellings.) Perhaps to difficult to remember...or spell? LOL. The naming process should be personal and agreed to by you, Jorge, and Lucy.
    P.S. I'm writing thin on 6/9th, the third birthday of Winnie. I'm celebrating tonight with a trip down to Sakura....by car.
    Continued good luck and safe travels home. ~~ Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing my typo. No matter how many times I proof-read, I end up with a boo boo. I should forward my drafts to you for editing prior to posting.

      Congrats on Winnie's 3rd Birthday! Now "Unnamed RV" will celebrate the same birthday! We can party together next June 9th. Looking forward to it already.

      PS: I always appreciate your thoughts and comments.

      Delete
  2. Hi! So glad you are now in your new motorhome! I'd wait on a name for a week or two. I like Gracie II. Post some pics! I enjoyed the video of Lucy! Going to Croton Sat. morning. Blessings in your new coach.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.