Friday, March 6, 2015

Walt Disney World Winter 2015

Once "G" and I were able to obtain Florida "resident" season passes to Walt Disney World, we wasted no time getting our money's worth before we have to make the trek back to NY. 

After having visited each of the four parks twice, our consensus is we like Animal Kingdom for the relaxed atmosphere, great directional signs and all the nature paths that change with each visit and Hollywood Studios for the smaller crowds and great entertainment.

Magic Kingdom is always hectic, crowded and difficult to maneuver from section to section. There is also many more crying babies and children who are either extremely over-stimulated or exhausted. I know I get a "tad" cranky by the end of our forays. 

Epcot is always fun and crowded and we need to make a couple of more trips there to see more. I don't think you can actually see "everything," since shows often change and attractions are updated or improved.

The very first time I visited The Magic Kingdom was around 1987. I remember forcing my kids on the "It's a Small World" ride. Needless-to-say, since they were used to day trips to Great Adventure, they didn't handle the experience as much as I had hoped. Epcot had just opened and was still under major construction back then and only two restaurants were built and there were very few rides. 

About four years ago, "G" and I made a trip down with my eldest son and his family. We were treated to the master suite of a condo that we shared with them that was located within the Disney property. On that trip, my son's kids insisted on going on "It's a Small World." Payback is sooo sweet.  Yesterday, "G" and I went on that ride and I am still in awe of the craftsmanship that went into its creation. We waited on line for 30 minutes and my sole reason was to video a portion of the ride so I could text it to my son. I think I enjoyed razzing him more than the ride.

Photos of from some of the different trips we have mad to the Disney World Parks. 

First day visiting "The Mouse."

Our official "resident" passes"

Cinderella's Castle at dusk

Couldn't resist this shot. Notice the wording on the side of the building


A visit to Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom birds.- This is a spoonbill

Saw this one, but couldn't get a good shot. They weave round nests in the trees


Saw this one too, but it was quite elusive.




Mama gorilla and her baby





Main Street Parade at Mickey Land


Entrance to It's a Small World


Click the video below for the "Deep thought for the day:"








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts about this entry.