Monday, January 5, 2015

Elite Resorts

Florida Sand Hill Cranes
Lately, it’s felt like we have been on a vacation. We have been enjoying warm and breezy days with temps in the low 80's, but today, was a bit cooler, so the day was spent doing chores. “G” washed the car and Allie - a first for both since NY, and I cleaned inside. I rearranged several items and removed things I haven’t used since living aboard full-time. Those will be stashed in the “basement,” close enough, but not taking up “prime real estate” in the coach.

We have been parked at Elite Resorts since January 1st, which is located in Clermont, FL. It is fairly centrally located, making it easy to head north, south, east or west to various interesting places. Disney is only a quick drive down the road and we are planning to head to Downtown Disney for dinner and a stroll this evening.

During our drive down south, I made notes of a few interesting things I have observed.

  1. Sign in VA:  “Brad’s Tree Service – Your tree will fall for us!” Cute.
  2. Sign in GA:  “$100 Fine for Throwing Trash on Roadway.” I guess you can throw it off the side of the road.
  3. Daytona Beach: “Drive-Through Church.” I saw what looked like a toll booth and thought maybe you just pulled up, said your confession, or received communion, and drove off, but I came to find out it is actually a Drive-in Church. It’s just like an old Drive-In Movie Theater. I wonder if they sell popcorn.

So far, the only birds I have seen close up were Sand Cranes. They remind me a bit of Canadian geese, only in the way that they hang out together, walk around and honk when they fly off. I’ve heard, but not seen a Barred Owl – I shall now be walking with my binoculars. We met several residents and "regulars" of Elite and all rave about how great it is here. I can see why. This is, by far, the best place we have ever come across to date.

Deep thought for the day: Work becomes more fun when the sun is shining and the weather is a cool 72 degrees!


Check out Elite Resorts HERE.

A view of the back of our rig from across the lake

This is the street we are parked on!

The moon last night

A view of the sunset from our windshield





















2 comments:

  1. Look forward to reading your blog and all your adventures....1/9/2015 how is your weather there? watching national weather and appears to be cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's "chilly-willy," but forecast calls for warmer temps soon.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts about this entry.